Vacancies exist for two (2) Sales Consultants at the Skukuza Safari Lodge.
Paterson Grading: B5
The package includes a housing allowance since you will not be allocated official accommodation in the Park.
Candidates who meet the above requirements must forward their applications with the following documents:
- Detailed CV
- Certified copies of your Qualifications
- Certified copy of Identity Document
The application must be submitted to:
Human Capital Management
ATT: Nkateko Mokoena
Private Bag x402
Tel No: (013) 735 4261
Correspondences will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 14 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
NB: Please note that each applicant must indicate their nearest KNP camp and gates as well as their forum or land claimant constituency.
- Grade 12
- Be in possession of a post-matric qualification in tourism or hotel management.
- Should have 1 to 3 year of experience in hotel and conference reservations
- Sound knowledge of customer services.
- An understanding of telephone etiquette.
- Computer literacy.
- Basic business knowledge.
- An understanding of the tourism and conservation industry.
- An understanding of reservation or property management systems.
- Communications skills.
- Numerical and writing skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
- Manage individual and group reservations and associated deposits for the Skukuza Safari Lodge and conference centre,
- Make reservations in accordance with SANParks policies and procedures.
- Initiate payment and ensure that relevant documentation is sent to customer / client.
- Provide additional information and initiate cross-selling and up-selling of products.
- Provide consistent and efficient service by upholding good public relations principles to inspire customer loyalty.
- Sell South African National Parks products to current and potential customers.
- Achieve Lodge occupancy and financial goals.
R 116 219
IT company with position available for a Linux Technician / Engineer / Specialist in Cape Town, Southern Suburbs. All races and genders welcome to apply. Possible partnership/shareholder options available for the right person (specifically previous IT business owners).
We are an international Linux technology development company who provides both wholesale ISP solutions and opensource-based solutions to corporates, government organizations and resellers. This job is best suited to individuals truly over the edge passionate about technology, open source software and Linux as we very rarely work with any proprietary software.
In short this job entails:
* Supporting already deployed solutions to clients, diagnosing problems, configuration changes & fault finding within SLA constraints
* Production webserver/hosting/virtualization platform/network gear support
* Setting up and installing systems for new clients
* Researching cutting edge technology, and new software alongside our technology architects
* Thinking outside the box to bring new ideas to the solutions we bring to life
* Maintaining and improving our internal documentation repository
* 3yr+ working Linux experience
* Own reliable transport
* Valid South African drivers license
* No criminal record
* Experience with scripting in bash, more languages a plus
* Must be able to install & configure a LAMP system in a wiz
* Working experience with Apache configuration including .htaccess files and URL rewriting
* Working experience configuring MySQL and administering databases
* Working experience using Linux
* Experience installing and configuring Samba
* Experience installing and configuring Squid
* Experience using Vi/Vim in console
* Experience with networking configurations and tools, including tcpdump, iproute2, shorewall, bridge-utils, iptables
* Comfortable working with MediaWiki-like syntax and wiki pages
* Friendly and well presented
* Good telephone etiquette & communication skills, proper English usage and clear spoken, some of our large clients are international
* Ability to work under pressure from management and clients
* Ability to take constructive criticism and follow instructions
* Not afraid to go the extra mile & willing to work overtime, Saturdays and Sundays if required, some of our clients are international
* Familiarity with DSL/fibre products, reseller/shared/vps/dedicated server hosting and online backups is a BIG plus
* Python experience is a bonus
* Experience using GitHub/GitLab is a bonus
* Prior managemnet / business ownership is a bonus
Role Description & Responsibilities:
* Answering support calls & live chat
* Attending to support tickets, reproducing issues and investigating solutions
* Attend to clients on-site if required
* Setting up, configuring and testing server software
* Reproducing faults so they may be escalated/investigated
* Assembling servers & embedded devices from components
* Strong commitment to self development and research into technologies we use/can use
* Report on all critical and important aspects concerning your work
* Strict adherence to company policies and procedures
* Respect of company escalation procedures
* Constantly keep up to date of new technology and trends in our industry
* Professional presentation of the company
* Work closely with peers and become part of a growing team
* Sense of humor a Must
For your application to be considered please provide for the following:
* Provide your CV (include experience and evidence of expertise, what you’ve worked with in the past … etc)
* Salary you are earning currently/previously
* Your notice period
* Salary you expect for the first 6 months
* Salary you expect after 12 months
* What can you bring to the company
* Your plans for self improvement
* Where do you see yourself in the company in 3 years time
Salary range: R120,000 to R360,000 (based on quality of work and experience)
Possible partnership/shareholder options available for the right person (specifically previous IT business owners).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: R120,000.00 to R360,000.00 /year
- Linux: 3 years (Required)
- Diploma (Required)
- Claremont, Western Cape 7708 (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)